BUILDING TERRAN 1
TERRAN 1, A ROCKET BUILT AND FLOWN
IN DAYS INSTEAD OF YEARS
Our proprietary Stargate factory prints Terran 1, the world’s first 3D printed rocket, from raw material to flight in 60 days. Stargate’s patented technology enables an entirely new value chain and innovative structural designs that make Terran 1 possible. Developing our Stargate factory and Terran 1 rocket together accelerates our ability to improve design, production, quality, and speed.
Zero fixed tooling and radical part count reduction
Faster design iterations and part optimizations
Real-time quality control and part inspection
Sensor and analytics-driven machine learning
POWERING THE STARGATE PRINTER
Relativity developed multiple proprietary alloys custom designed for 3D printing to meet mission-critical performance.
Parts are inspected during and after printing to ensure they meet the highest standards of uniformity and quality.
3D PRINTING THE FUTURE, FASTER
For 60 years, aerospace manufacturing has relied on large factories, fixed tooling, complex supply chains, and extensive manual labor to build costly rockets comprised of 100,000+ parts in 2 years or longer.
Relativity built the Stargate factory, the first aerospace platform to automate rocket manufacturing, vertically integrating intelligent robotics, software, and data-driven 3D printing technology.
Incorporating the world’s largest metal 3D printers and AI-driven controls, our Stargate factory continuously optimizes production, resulting in greatly compounded quality and time improvements, lower costs, and product designs previously not possible.
Relativity is the first application-layer 3D printing company; Terran 1 is our first application. In 20 years, our Stargate factories will be expanded to all of aerospace.
YEARS OF AEROSPACE
Rigid Factories, Fixed
tooling & HIGH Labor Costs
100,000+ Part Count
24 Month build time
48 Month iteration time
Complex Supply Chain
High Physical Complexity
<1,000 Part Count
2 Month build time
6 Month iteration time
Simple Supply Chain
Software Defined Factory
NEW VALUE CHAIN
CHANGING THE WAY ROCKETS ARE BUILT AND FLOWN
- High strength alloys specially designed for Stargate
- Physical properties designed to meet mission-critical structural requirements
- In-house material characterization lab for quickly iterating on new alloy development
REAL-TIME QUALITY CONTROL
AND PART INSPECTION
- Intelligent data driven manufacturing
- Machine learning control algorithms
- Collaborative additive and subtractive process enables complex geometry
SensoRS & ANALYTICS
and path planning
- Verification and validation data captured during manufacturing
- Flexible and highly scalable system architecture
- Cloud-based manufacturing simulation and training
THE INEVITABLE FUTURE
- Zero fixed tooling and radical part count reduction
- Faster design iterations and part optimizations
- Real-time quality control and part inspection
- Sensor and analytics-driven machine learning