The largest metal 3D printer in the world.
Built for rockets.
Developed at Relativity.
Stargate is the backbone to our vertically integrated factory.
- From raw material to flight in less than 60 days
- Print a new rocket design just as quickly
Stargate is constantly getting smarter and faster by using sensors and reward function-based learning. We are creating an entirely new type of evolvable production line.
Custom designed for printing.
- Stronger alloys designed to take advantage of Stargate’s printing physics
- Highly reliable materials for printing rocket structures
- In-house metallurgy and material characterization lab
Intelligent process and quality controls.
- Cloud-based simulation data
- Real-time data
- Post-process data
- Advanced imaging and detection sensors
Collaborative robotics and path planning.
- Multiple print heads: coordinate together to increase build rate
- In-situ machining: allows traditionally impossible geometries to be built and finished in one step
- Flexible: highly scalable system architecture
Relativity has created a better way to design, build, and fly rockets.
Flexible, automated rocket production.
Prototype fuselage structure printed by Stargate for our vehicle’s upper stage.